Thursday, October 2, 2014

Video: Tiny House Inspiration

As I've mentioned in the past, this blog started with the idea of radically downsizing and simplifying my life. At that time, I was hugely inspired by the tiny house movement and I remain fascinated and inspired. Owning a tiny house remains a goal, but I've come to realize some of the complexity involved with making it happen. I am fortunate enough to have some friends who are getting very close to beginning the building process, and simply witnessing their journey is hugely inspiring. Any opportunity to see people take this radical step and succeed is motivating. To that end, I'd like to share the video below which chronicles the story of a young couple, Jess and Dan, who have recently completed a custom tiny house project in Rhode Island. The couple wanted to reduce their carbon footprint and their economic burden. Their house functions without plumbing and is a scant 128 square feet. Jess and Dan designed the house themselves and it incorporates reclaimed barn wood and many other found and upcycled materials. Check out the beautifully produced video below.




The ultimate goal for Dan and Jess is to own a self-sustaining, self-reliant homestead. In the meantime, their tiny house provides a profound transition and allows them to avoid the debt and expense of a traditional mortgage.

After watching the video, you can see many more photographs and read an interview where the couple discuss their motivation, material choices and more at this link on CustomMade.com.


Related Posts


If you've enjoyed any of the content you've found here, please join me on my social media platforms. This helps support the site. THANKS!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment