Friday, August 22, 2014

Gear Haiku: Nite Ize Reflective Cord

Backpacking and camping cord by Nite Ize

Nite Ize Reflective Cord
The ties that bind us
Provide their greatest value
When noticed often

Nite Ize reflective cord (or "rope" as they market it) is my favorite cord. It is an extremely tough and well made nylon material, comes in convenient 50 foot lengths (long enough for bear bags even in tough situations with sparse or high-limbed trees) and, of course, offers that reflective weave throughout. Middle of the night bathroom breaks are much less injury prone as a result of the beautifully twirling pattern that jumps out at you with even the faintest headlamp glow. At 2.5mm it takes up very little space but is worth its minimal weight in phosphorus come nightfall.

I only write haikus inspired by gear I use, respect, and appreciate having the luxury of owning. I am not paid, compensated, or even given this gear. I purchased all as a regular consumer. If that changes in future haikus, I will disclose. 

Where to buy: 
Amazon for $10


If you've enjoyed any of the content you've found here, please join me on my social media platforms. 
This helps support the site. THANKS!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment